Plumbers for smelly drains are nearby call us at 844-423-0056 today.
Blocked drains are a common household issue, but they often come with unpleasant side effects such as foul odors. These odors can make your living space uncomfortable and uninviting. Fortunately there are ways to get rid of these unruly odors and keep your home smelling fresh. We will discuss in this article the efficient methods to eliminate these smells caused by blocked drains.
Eliminate drain odors
- Identify the source – Before you tackle the problem, its crucial for you to identify the source of the odor. Blocked drains can be caused by various factors, including food debris, soap scrum, hair, and tree roots. Each one of these materials can emit a certain odor. Knowing the source of the smell can help you choose the right approach to eliminate the smell.
- Not a bad idea to boil water – One of the simplest methods to eliminate drain odors is to pour boiling water down the drain. Boiling water can dissolve grease and soap scrum that may be the cause of the odor. Be careful to pour the boiling water down the drain and repeat the process a few time until the drain is cleared.
- Baking soda and vinegar – The combination of both baking soda and vinegar are a powerful and natural way to clean and deodorize the drain. Pour the baking soda down first then the vinegar and let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes this will allow it to fizz and break down food debris. Then after use hot water to wash away the residue.
- Use a plunger if handy – If you have stubborn drains you can use your plunger. Ensure the toilet bowl has enough water. You want to create a seal in the toilet with the plunger and pump up and down. The action will dislodge the blockage and improve water flow in exchange reducing the odor.
- Enzyme cleaner – This based drain cleaner can be effective in breaking down organic matter, such as food particles and hair. Which can contribute to your drains smelling. Follow what the bottle instructions are and be patient because these cleaners may take some time to work.
- Get professional help – If your drain blockages continue its time to call professional help. Plumbers in Detroit have specialized tools like drain snakes and hydro jetting equipment to clear all types of drain clogs. Plumbers can also inspect your plumbing system for more underlying issues that may cause the recurring odors.
- Take preventative measures – Preventing blocked drains in the first place is the best way to avoid unpleasant odors. Consider using a drain screen to catch things that shouldn’t go down the drain. Avoid pouring grease down your drains and periodically pour hot water down your drains to reduce build up it can be one method of natural drain cleaning.
Have the right approach for your drain maintenance
Blocked drains and unpleasant odors can disrupt daily life but with the right approach you can eliminate these issues with DIY methods or seek a professional plumber in your area of Michigan for assistance. A fresh smelling home is possible with regular plumbing maintenance. Keep your drains and living space clean and odor free.